The Cadet section continues to expand with many children and young adults sailing from the Royal Western Yacht Club. The 2016 season starts on Monday 11th April and continues until September with sailing on Monday and Thursday evenings.
To be a cadet you need to be a Club member, either as part of a family membership or in their own right (which is £39.00 per child for 2016).
Becoming a Cadet at the RWYC gives you the following benefits:
- RYA Instruction within the RYA Dinghy Sailing Syllabus
- Competitive rate on RYA training courses
- RYA Instructors at an RYA Accredited training centre
- Full safety cover, throughout instruction, with a new Club RIB Safety craft
- Unlimited use of the Club House and facilities
- Free Wi-Fi in the Club House
- 15% discount on purchases in the Club
- Free use of the club dinghies
The RWYC has continued its link with Plymouth College who hold inter-school team racing throughout the summer from the Club.
Our annual “Swallows and Amazons” weekend at Roadford Reservoir will be in June this year. Find out more at the Cadet Enrolment evening.
At the end of the sailing season we hold an annual prizegiving event to acknowledge the hard work that the Cadets have put in over the year whilst also announcing the winner of the Cadet race training evenings. This year the prizegiving will be held on Tuesday 30th September.
All the Cadet Dinghies are branded and we are always looking for new sponsors! For a small fee you or your organisation can display your logo on the hull of the dinghy, visible in Plymouth Sound. This is a great way of supporting the sailing activity and promoting your brand.